01 November 2009

marshmallow brains

I made cupcakes for Halloween last night and brought them in to work. They had this really light, fluffy, sticky meringue frosting. It was meringue. It was made almost entirely out of egg whites and sugar (and air).
When CD and one of the processors, JK, were talking about the cupcakes, they both said how the frosting was...different. It was sticky and sweet, but light...like marshmallows.
I was standing there, so I told them that is was meringue. And CD said it was like marshmallow fluff. And I said, no, it was meringue. And JK said it was so fluffy, like marshmallows. And I said...it was meringue. And then they said it was homemade, so it was like homemade melted marshmallows. And said, no, it was...meringue.
This went on for maybe a full minute. I don't think I got through to them.

1 comment:

  1. I think people are so removed from baking nowadays that they don't really know what megingue is.

    ReplyDelete